Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: It could have been great....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Vreenak's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2004
    Posts
    125
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    Here's a question. What rates on the top of your list for movies/toys/video games/women/whatever, that you were really really hoping would be the most kick ass thing you had ever seen, but then turned out to be the biggest disappointment since The A-Team got cancelled?

    One of mine was the movie Battlefield: Earth. I love John Travolta, and the previews looked so fargin' cool. But when I went to see the movie, it sucked balls. Bad acting, bad special effects, too much plot crammed into too little a movie. That was harsh.

    You guys? We've all had our letdowns.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member KSC2-303's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm gonna get it for this, but I'm sad to say FvJ [img]frown.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner MindofaKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    735
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Freddy vs Jason. The fanboy inside me will always love it, and even when I saw it in theaters I didn't think the acting was that bad. But when the shock wore off, and I bought it on dvd, I realized how fucking horrible the acting was. The actual fight scenes with Freddy and Jason were totally bad ass though.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Doc Xenith's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2004
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Devil May Cry 2

    The Hulk

    Matrix Revolutions

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Dajistano's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    7,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Freddy vs. Jason for me, also.
    I love it; its overdone campiness, it's exaggerated blood.

    It's campy-good.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ...DMC 2, most definitely.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Captain Beyond's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    869
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by MindofaKiller:
    Freddy vs Jason. The fanboy inside me will always love it, and even when I saw it in theaters I didn't think the acting was that bad. But when the shock wore off, and I bought it on dvd, I realized how fucking horrible the acting was. The actual fight scenes with Freddy and Jason were totally bad ass though.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Really? Because I was expecting it to be a complete pile of shit. And it turned out to only be half a pile.

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner MindofaKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    735
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I still love it. But the acting... [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sleepy.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Robocop2's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    414
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Darkest Angel:
    ...DMC 2, most definitely.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed totally

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Johnny Feldman's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    same as moak. but the acting isn't what did it. On dvd, I noticed thst they go over why freddy brought jason to elm street like a million times.

    also a dissapointment - GTA Vice City
    dont get me wrong I do love this game, but the poor character models, the constant humor and lack of 'true crime' feel the GTA3 had really let me down. Plus it seemed short to me and moved more in a straight line than the non linier story to GTA3.

    Another big dissapointment was when the Michael Myers figure came out for MM2. His mask was fucking blue!

    I ordered the Dawn of the dead figures from Japan, and when they arrived they resembled nothing of the prototypse. All thanks to a shitty paint job.

    I still love all the shit that let me down nonetheless

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •